Monday, May 26, 2014

Who You Are

This month my oldest daughter turned 21. Just typing that makes me feel old. UGH!!

Now mind you, I also have a 22 year old son....but it's not the same. Seeing my daughter grow up into womanhood has been one of the most difficult things for me. She's not my little princess, my Barbie doll, my little Tinkerbell or little mermaid any more. She's an actual woman. One with aspirations and goals of her own...one with ideals that I no longer have control over...one that has her own opinions of the world, how it works and how she's going to live in it. (Honestly, she had her own opinions since she was 10 but that's a whole other blog story.)

I think back to her younger years...was there anything that I should have told her that I neglected to? Is there some secret to life, love and happiness that I've forgotten to share with her?

Coincidentally, through cleaning out my email, I came across this video. It resonates with everything I wish I could now convey or get through to my daughter...my princess.

I hope it encourages all of you. Have an AWESOME week because you are AWESOME!


If Every Woman Believed Every Word in This 3 Min. Video—It Could Literally Change the World – FaithIt.com



No comments:

Post a Comment