Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Follow me down the rabbit hole.....

So, I wake up this morning to an overwhelming response to my first blog post.
 Side note-Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :)
 Truth be told, I honestly didn't think there would be any interest. So anything more than 2 views (my husband and my mom), I'm ecstatic.
That being said, I felt anxiety and my mind spiraled....'Now what?!...What on earth was gonna be my second post....How long could I realistically sustain this....How long could I continue to capture everyone's attention...oh, and...Am I even doing this right?!'
Freakin' crap!!!
Ok, let me roll out of bed and do some research. Thank God for Google! OMG, wait a minute...so there's like ummm a bazillion hits for how to do a successful blog. How do I pick? Who do I trust? Is this gonna cost me any money?! Calm down, Enna....
 Let's start at the beginning.....There's how-to on adding pictures and videos, making money with affiliate programs, adding music, optimizing SEO, posting events, selling products..etcetera. etcetera...Ok, Enna, keep it simple stupid! Let's just look at the 'beginner/blogging for dummy' sites.Yeah, about 5 websites in, my A.D.D takes over and I'm on Pinterest and playing Candy Crush. Ugh!!  Let me just go downstairs and update Hubby. Maybe that'll get me focused (yeah right).
So, I talk things through with him. Of course he's excited for me. He gives me a few ideas and words of encouragement; then continues with his work. Sure that helped a little, but I still have butterflies. So, I start thinking again about how I'm gonna do all this...Hubby blurts out, "It's cold outside; especially for you." Did he just interrupt my deep thinking for a weather report?!!! "What are you doing today?", he says in a playful tone....workout?! Yep, today is workout day...It's 'I hate to exercise, It's 50 degrees but I better suck it up cause I'm trying to look sexy for beach time, But I REALLY REALLY HATE TO EXERCISE' workout day! Ok, fine! Off to the gym... Maybe that'll get me focused (yeah right).



No comments:

Post a Comment