Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brrrr! Rabbit

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal announced on yesterday a state of emergency for 45 counties due to a winter storm projected to surge into the state today (Tuesday) through Thursday. This, of course, was an attempt to get ahead of the ball...so that there isn't a shortage of salt or salt trucks, that we're not gridlocked and stuck on the interstate for 10-24 hours, having abandoned vehicles along side of and in the middle of roadways, have over 1200 traffic accidents, sleeping in grocery stores, or have children stuck on buses and in schools overnight. Bravo to him for thinking ahead and not wanting a repeat of the fiasco a couple of weeks ago.....But didn't he and other city/state officials get the memo when a similar situation happened in 2011?! I have to wonder what the people up North must think of us Southerners. By the way, I should tell you, I'm originally from Texas - a shorts and flip flops type of girl. so the fact that I've experienced temperatures below 75 during winter had me in shock. Seriously, I own one sweater....which I bought AFTER we moved here. So, can you imagine my reaction to snow?!!!
Well, Mr. Jack Frost, you will not win this time! I, with the help of Google, will be prepared!
In true 'rabbit hole' fashion of course.....



And for when your stomach starts to grumble.....




To keep the little one occupied, so I don't rip out my hair.....



Trust me, I've browsed through more than 50 (ok, maybe 100+) other sites....so this list can go on and on, but let's stop here for today.


With any luck, this time it will be less of.....


And more of.....



Keep safe and warm everyone!








1 comment:

  1. The funny thing about this is that you don't realize you're tumbling down this "rabbit hole" of thoughts until you get to the end and ask, "How did we get to children's activities?" Well done Enna. Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete